Right Brain, Left Brain

I've heard many different explanations on how the right and left brain work, and until now, I've really only understood the basic responsibilities of each half. I used to wonder if I am primarily "right brained" or "left brained", but I gave up wondering when my dad asked "Why do you need to know?" (My dad is a wise man.)

What really intrigues me is how the two halves of our brain work together, how each half thinks independently, and how our brain, how our mind, ties us to the universe. This video is not only an incredibly moving story about survival, but is "insightful" in so many ways. Enjoy.

Jill Bolte Taylor: My stroke of insight

"Neuroanatomist Jill Bolte Taylor had an opportunity few brain scientists would wish for: One morning, she realized she was having a massive stroke. As it happened -- as she felt her brain functions slip away one by one, speech, movement, understanding -- she studied and remembered every moment. This is a powerful story of recovery and awareness -- of how our brains define us and connect us to the world and to one another. (Recorded February 2008 in Monterey, California. Duration: 18:44.)"



Watch this video on TED: Ideas Worth Spreading

Buy Jill Bolte Taylor's book, My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey on Amazon.com
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: